There are a few things to know about Arches before we get started.
Arches has the following software dependencies:
- PostgreSQL relational database (version 9.3)
- PostGIS (version 2.x) spatial module for PostgreSQL
- Python (version 2.7.6 - there seem to be issues with later versions of python)
These instructions will walk you through the necessary steps to load all the required dependencies and get Arches up and running quickly.
Please note that Arches has been developed for modern browsers. It supports:
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher.
- At least 4GB of RAM for evaulation and testing, or 8 to 16GB for production.
- 10GB minimum to install the codebase and test dataset, but diskspace requirements will vary greatly depending on the size of your dataset